Sunday, April 20, 2014

Monthly Favorites | March 2014


Monthly favorites!!
My first monthly favorites video. This one included a lot of products. My bad. I just couldn't choose! But don't worry. I'll only be doing 1 or 2 from different categories or a top 5 kind of dealio from now on.
Liquid Latex: eBay
Liquid latex from Mehron. Of course this be in my favorites! I love special effects makeup so much. Now I haven't gotten around to making much with it yet but I plan to. I'm making two different types of elf ears at the moment.
Clarisonic: gift (?)
I don't use this nearly as often as I should but whenever I do I always see next day results. I use it whenever I can feel my face getting a little spotty or red looking. Both the cleanser that came with it are great too! I bet if I kept up with it and used it once or twice a week my skin would be flawless. I should start xD
Wen Replenishing Treatment Mist: gift (?)
Love this product. I have it in Winter Cranberry Mint and the scent is just amazing. One of my favorites. It always leaves my hair feeling so refreshed and healthier afterwards. Less dry and more moisturized too!
Redken Antisnap: Milan Institute
I've reviewed this in the Monthly Haul post. To quickly put it. It's one of my favorite hair care products. It's almost like magic, my split ends will be there, I apply this and then they're just like gone. It leaves my hair feeling less dry and damaged afterwards too. Smooths it all out.
Bella Pierre Eyeshadow: gift (?)
I have it in four colors; Haha (Blue), Bronze, Sensation (White), and Refined (Black). They're all shimmery. It's powdered eyeshadow and I love it so much more than pressed or cream. They're super pigmented and all the colors are dark (as in the color actually shows up on my skin) and vivid. And a little goes along way. I use them so much but it's like they haven't even been touched. Be careful though if you carry them around with you, when you open the lid make sure you're not being shaky with it and kinda tap on the lid to make sure the powder doesn't just fall everywhere.
Face Mask: Daiso
A BB Face Mask with collagen that I bought from what's basically a Japanese version of a dollar tree but $0.50 more expensive and with a way better selection (and quality) of products. This always leaves my skin feeling refreshed and super smooth afterward. I am wanting to try some others that contain different fruit and vegetable ingredients though!
Kool-Aid Liquids: Walmart
I've reviewed this already in the Monthly Haul post. But to put it shortly, I like these. Use them whenever I want something sweet to drink since I'm trying to cut back on soda. They have 0 calories too. Even though I love watermelon flavoring more usually, I think I'm leaning towards the cherry. It just seems to have more flavor than the watermelon in general so I have to use less to not have that watered-down taste.
La Riche Directions: eBay
By far my most favorite temporary (colorful color) hair dye line. I usually went with Manic Panic (they're still good and convenient to get if in America like me, though).  Yes you'll still need like as light of blonde as possible hair if you want the color to show up. No it won't go over dark hair, that's just not how temporary hair dye works, it doesn't have any lift to it. This also means though the dye itself is not damaging to you're hair, it's just a stain, and in fact this one is even conditioning! My hair (and my trashed extensions) felt and looked a lot better after this, like I had gotten a deep conditioning treatment. Now I got this in carnation pink and mixed it with conditioner to dilute it. It's one of the best pink's I've used. It stuck to my hair and was so vibrate and my hair wasn't even that light of a blonde and still had a yellowish tint to it. It takes the longest to fade out of the dyes I've used and when this specific color does fade it fades to a pretty pastel pink color before going back to the blonde you had dyed over. It's a European brand hair dye which is why I said it can be inconvenient to get if you're in America because I've only ever seen it online, never in a store. 

Matte Nailpolish: Daiso
By the brand Kleancolor. Love this. It's really cool to watch the glossy look just disappear when this starts to dry. It dries really quickly too. But it lasts (before chipping) about as long as any other drugstore nail polish. Either way though, I still really enjoy the matte look.
Smart Sense Water: Kmart/Target/Walmart
I can't remember which store the Smart Sense brand belongs to but it's one of those. My favorite flavor is the pomegranate one. Once again, since I'm trying to drink less soda this is another nice fix to wanting something sweet. It's carbonated as well so it has the soda-like feel/texture if that matters to anyone. And it has 0 calories. It's also not like other flavored water's I've tried where it tastes super watered-down and has hardly any flavor to it. This one actually has the right balance.
Black Button-up: Walmart
Got it in a size medium for an over sized look. It's a sheer, long-sleeved button up. Easily one of my more favorite and often worn shirts. So far I haven't had any problems with it. The material seems sturdy enough, not easily torn or anything.
Spiked Hat: Wet Seal
Favorite hat ever! I've never been really big on flat bill hats or ball cap hats in general really but I absolutely love this. Sturdy. Spikes are attached in a sturdy way. No trouble with any of them falling off or even beginning to. Which is good seeing how often it gets warn! xD
Cat Ear Headband: Wet Seal
Can be found for cheap on eBay as well. I've seen them have pearls on them but I got the one with rhinestones/crystals. Love this. It's not to bold or stand-out-y? It's subtle so it can be easily warn for a daily look if you don't like having big or possibly strange (as in people may give you a few weird looks hear and there with bold, noticeable cat ears) statement pieces. It adds a nice cutesy detail to any outfit, especially frilly and pastel ones!
Mermaid Leggings: eBay
I got them in blue but they come in 2 other colors as far as I know (possibly more). My favorite pair of leggings. They're a very bold piece. I prefer to wear it with a solid color top and shoes, usually black. One thing I must say though is when worn a lot and after a few washes the pattern/paint will start to come off/fade at the joints (knees) and seems. 
Orange Sweater: wholesale7.net
I can't find the listing so you may have to look around. It is a year old though I believe. Anyways I love knitted sweaters and earth toned ones so this one is like the perfect mix. It's over-sized like how I like too. It's really sturdy too seeing as I've had it for quite a while now and wear it way too much during the fall and winter.
Kigurumi: eBay
Not the same listing I used. Both of them can be found there but I'd suggest searching "spyro kigurumi" and/or "espeon kigurumi" first and you'll probably find cheaper. I got mine a bit cheaper than that. The espeon was around 27$ and the spyro was more towards $20-23 I believe. Made of fleece material, well made too. Super warm though so it's only really good for cold weather. With the spryo one the tail can get in the way sometimes and the hood may be a bit awkward to wear because if worn to far back it'll just fall off due to the weight of the horns. I still love it though!
Vanellope Funko Pop: eBay
I couldn't find the listing I had, it's been a while. Feel free to search around since this listing is a bit pricey and I was able to find it for the price of any other funko pop character (about 10-15$). Love this. I love all these little vinyl figurines! They're always so super cute and add a nice detail to my room. I'm going to end up having way too many and no room though since I prefer to leave them in the box because the packaging is just always so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment